- The group’s purpose is to pursue personal growth and change.
- Everyone in the group is a peer.
- There is sharing and/or interaction between members.
- Decisions about the group are made by the group.
- Group leadership is non-professional. Any leadership positions in the group are shared or rotated. Each member of the group could become a leader with minimal training.
- The group is not dependent on a particular person for its continued existence.
- Each member of the group has a right to due process in disputes with the group.
- Dues and fees are nominal, reflecting group expenses.